The skills children use for sitting, crawling, balancing and walking are called gross motor skills. When these skills are delayed, families can turn to the experts at Little Stars Children’s Clinic & Hospital for help.
Our skilled physical therapists recognize that each child is unique. We develop personalized care plans to help each child reach his or her potential. We work closely with families to address their needs and to incorporate their goals into each child’s treatment plan. We coordinate with other primary care and specialty care providers, schools and daycare centers.
We provide diagnostic and therapeutic services for a variety of disorders, including:
- Brachial plexus injury
- Delayed gross motor skills
- Developmental delays
- Joint immobility
- Motor impairment
- Orthopedic impairments
- Strength and endurance challenges
- Pre- and post-surgical gait training and rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation management
- Specialized seating and mobility assessments
- Upper and lower extremity splinting and orthotic fabrication
Our licensed therapists use proven processes to guide infants, toddlers and older children to a level of achievement based on appropriate goals.
Among the procedures and diagnostic tests we commonly perform: